Ed Morse Delray Cadillac
The Morse family has been in the automotive business since 1946, when Ed Morse founded Morse Motors with his father. Over 70 years later, Ed’s grandson, Chairman/CEO Teddy Morse, continues to build on the legacy and family tradition of his grandfather Ed and his dad, Ted Morse. Under Teddy’s leadership the Ed Morse Automotive Group continues to be one of the nation’s most respected automotive dealer groups. It’s easy for companies to make claims about being the “best of the best” in their industry; however, it is much harder to earn the industry awards and official proclamations that certify achievement at the highest level. Here are just a few of the awards and proclamations that Teddy and the Ed Morse Automotive Group have received and why we really are among the best of the best.
2300 S Federal Highway
Delray Beach, Florida 33483
- The Morse family has been in the automotive business since 1946, when Ed Morse founded Morse Motors with his father. Over 70 years later, Ed’s grandson, Chairman/CEO Teddy Morse, continues to build on the legacy and family tradition of his grandfather Ed and his dad, Ted Morse. Under Teddy’s leadership the Ed Morse Automotive Group continues to be one of the nation’s most respected automotive dealer groups. It’s easy for companies to make claims about being the “best of the best” in their industry; however, it is much harder to earn the industry awards and official proclamations that certify achievement at the highest level. Here are just a few of the awards and proclamations that Teddy and the Ed Morse Automotive Group have received and why we really are among the best of the best.
- • “Dealer of The Year” ~ Automotive News
- • “Quality Dealer” ~ Time Magazine
- • “Cadillac Dealer of the Year” ~ (multiple recipient)
- • “Honda President’s Award” ~ (multiple recipient)
- • “Mazda President’s Council” ~ (multiple recipient)
- • “Toyota Chairman’s Council” ~ (multiple recipient)
- • “Jack Smith Leadership Award” ~ General Motors (multiple recipient)
- • “South Florida’s Top Workplaces” ~ Sun-Sentinel & Workplace Dynamics
- Teddy Morse has been in the automotive business virtually his entire life. Born and raised in South Florida, Teddy learned the automotive business from the ground up having worked in every department and at every level of dealership operations. With Teddy as general manager of the Group’s flagship dealership, Ed Morse Bayview Cadillac in Fort Lauderdale the dealership earned the Cadillac Dealer of the Year honor twice. In 2012, Teddy moved to the corporate office where as the Director of Advertising & Marketing he revamped the company’s branding and promotions. Later, as Executive Vice President, Teddy worked closely with his father Ted, growing the family business while furthering the company’s impact on the local community.
- Excellence is pursued and attained under Teddy’s leadership along with the efforts and energy of over 900 employees. Key among those employees are corporate officers Carmine Colella and Dennis MacInnes.
- Carmine Colella, President / COO, has a keen understanding of best practices for dealership management. Under Carmine’s leadership, Ed Morse Honda earned the Honda President’s Award four years in a row from 2002 to 2005. Carmine’s perspective and knowledge is invaluable in helping to enhance the dealership operations and policies with a focus on efficiency and just as important, maximum customer satisfaction. Carmine also brings a hands on approach to the day-to-day operation of the dealerships, working with the management teams on process improvement.
- Dennis MacInnes, Vice President / CFO, is a CPA, has over 25 years of automotive financial experience and worked his way up the ranks at The Ed Morse Automotive Group from auditor to Chief Financial Officer. Besides overseeing the company’s assets, Dennis manages the company’s centralized accounting offices.
- EXCELLENCE – FROM THE START
- Teddy’s grandfather Ed served in the U.S. Army Air Corps as a navigator on a B-25 during World War II. Ed was the recipient of several awards of distinction and medals including the Distinguished Flying Cross, one of the nation’s highest military honors. Ed earned this honor after a mission in the South Pacific when the pilot was wounded and the copilot killed and he assisted in flying the plane back to their base in New Guinea. After the war, Ed’s first job was as a doorman parking cars for guests at a Miami Beach hotel. Ed then helped his father start a small twenty car fleet rental company, Morse Motors, in 1946. When their fleet grew to 2,000 vehicles, it merged with National Car Rental and Ed served as Chief Executive Officer. Ed passed on in 2012 at the age of 91, having established himself as an icon in the automotive industry.
- Ted Morse, born and raised in Miami, worked his way up through the dealership ranks having gained experience in both sales and service. After several years as General Manager of Ed Morse Chevrolet in Lauderhill, Ted moved to the group’s corporate office where he served as Owner/Operator, Chairman, and CEO. Ted was honored in 2015 as the recipient of the 2015 Concours d’ Elegance Automotive Lifetime Achievement Award, recognizing the impact that Ted has had on the automotive industry. Ted passed away in 2016 at the age of 66, and will long be remembered for his philanthropic work with several local and national charities.
- The Morse family bought into their first dealership in 1963 and in 1968 began building a special relationship with General Motors that started with ownership of Ed Morse Chevrolet in Lauderhill and Ed Morse Bayview Cadillac in Fort Lauderdale. Ed and Ted added additional dealerships over the next 40 years. As manufacturers redefined marketing areas and franchise groupings, the Ed Morse Automotive Group capitalized on opportunities to sell dealerships with limited growth opportunities thus streamlining the company and creating new opportunities for growth. Today, the group is expanding, adding a Fiat franchise in 2011, an additional Mazda franchise in 2012, and Alfa Romeo in 2015.
- The group consists of 12 locations, that house 15 automotive franchises and 9 different brands – both domestic and import. The Ed Morse family owns and operates dealerships throughout the State of Florida. You can find an Ed Morse dealership in Fort Lauderdale, Delray Beach, Riviera Beach and at Sawgrass in Sunrise on the East Coast and in Port Richey, Tampa, and Brandon on the West Coast.
- EXCELLENCE – IT RUNS IN THE FAMILY
- Teddy’s sister, Catherine Morse, serves as a Corporate Consultant for the company’s e-commerce department. Catherine’s previous responsibilities have included the positions of the Assistant General Manager at Ed Morse’s Delray Toyota in Delray Beach and the company’s Executive Director of e-commerce where she oversaw all of the dealerships’ internet sales activities, and developed the company’s websites and e-commerce division.
- Richard Danahy and Brian Danahy, Teddy’s cousins, occupy key positions in the company as well. Richard is the company’s Executive Director of Fixed Operations and Brian is the General Manager of Ed Morse Cadillac in Tampa. Between them they have over 40 years experience in the automotive industry and have operated two of the most successful Cadillac dealerships in the entire country.
- From its beginnings through the present day, the Ed Morse Automotive Group has successfully employed a business strategy that has served the interests of its customers and its employees well. That is – having the right product, in the right location, with the right people to sell in volume enabling the company to “sell for less”.
- It is much more than advertising slogans to say, “Ed Morse is Gonna Save You!” and “For Value and for Service, it’s Ed Morse.” Those are promises that the company has delivered on by committing itself to excellence, stability and premium customer service for over 70 years.